The 6" Mud Hopper by VIDA BEM is a rugged low-pressure, high-volume unit that makes it easy to accurately mix solid additives into drilling fluids. Driven at 40-60 PSI by the mud system’s centrifugal pumps, drilling fluid is forced through the hopper jet at a rate of 1100-1400 GPM. An integrated sack table gives handlers a safe, stable platform for easier pours into the hopper’s receiving basin. A 6" butterfly valve allows adjustable feed rates of 400-600 lbs of solids per minute.
The Mud Hopper and base plate are constructed of high quality plate steel. All surfaces are painted with industrial-grade epoxy to resist wear and corrosion. A second coat of UV-resistant polyurethane is then added in the color of your choice. The unit is delivered fully assembled with sack table, receiving basin, jet nozzle, venturi and adjusting valve for a quick and easy installation.
• Low-pressure, high-volume design
• Easy connection to high-volume centrifugal pumps
• Operates at 40-60 PSI
• 1100-1400 GPM fluid capacity
• Feeds solids at 400-600 lbs/min
• 6" neck and butterfly valve
• 1 3/4" bore jet nipple
• Built-in sack table and receiving basin
• Epoxy coated
• Venturi included
• Fully assembled and ready to install